Monday, November 29, 2010

my favorite artists

My favorite artist of all time would have to be Kim Burrell. She is an African American female world renowned gospel artist. She has an extremely beautifully unique and powerful voice that’s brings me to tears each time I hear her sing. She has a true passion for ministering to people and spreading the gospel vocally. Born in Huston Texas to a pastor and evangelical mother, she was destined to do something wonderful in ministering to others. As a child she displayed a true passion for vocal expression and joined the choir.  When she got older she began her career the Greater Emmanuel COGIC Choir of Huston, Texas. Early in her career she was featured on well known gospel groups and artist like Donnie McClurkin,  Shirley Caesar, Karen Clark-Sheard,, the Trinity Temple Full Gospel Mass Choir of Dallas, Texas; along with and The Inspirational Sounds Mass Choir of Houston, TX. Kim later went on to record her own albums including Everlasting Life, Try Me Again and No Ways Tired. Those albums have been a true success and have touched many hearts and souls all across the world. Kim is a Grammy Award nominee and Stellar Award winner.  Kim Burrell’s music has definitely had a strong impact on my life. It inspires and encourages me and lifts me up in times that I feel let down. Her songs remind me of God’s grace and mercy and most importantly his love. I only wish there were more artists like Kim Burrell in the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment