Friday, October 22, 2010

Good habits

Prompt 3 Semester 1
We are all creatures of habit. We tend to become comfortable in certain aspects of life and cling to the things that we are the most familiar with. The patterns we create for ourselves can be beneficial or harmful and they inevitably affect both us and those around us.  The habits that we adapt affect our health and well being. Practicing good healthy habits improve the things that pertain to our physical, mental/emotional and financial health. Living a healthy lifestyle is essential to a long and happy life. There are many routines that we could practice in order to live healthily. One habit that I have adapted in my everyday life is eating healthy. I believe that choosing what we put in our bodies on a day to day base is very important. Some people choose to eat very healthy foods, aware that there better for your digestive system and overall health as a person.
 There is a common saying that’s goes,”you are what you eat”, which is simply the notion that to be both healthy and fit you must eat good foods. According to the Women’s Fitness articles on diet, “our energy levels, mood and body image are all influenced by dietary choices”. Eating good foods has a lot to do with structuring the right habits.  It is easier to adapt to multiple eating habits if you begin with the easiest of them. Drinking plenty of water is essential for strong health. 70 percent of our bodies are composed of water and by knowing that, we should understand that drinking lots of it as a daily habit could only benefit us.
Making sure to eat breakfast every morning is also a good habit that is important to good health.  Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, providing us with the energy we need to start our day. Starting your morning off eating things like fruits, and whole grains gives you the essential vitamins you need to be healthy. Making sure that you do not skip eating lunch is also a part of healthy eating. Just as breakfast, people tend to overlook the necessity of eating a lunch. There are risk factors that come from skipping lunch that according to the Healthy Mailer Menu online articles, when we skip lunch , our “blood sugar levels drop,  our metabolism slows down to compensate for the missing fuel and when you get home you are starving and eat everything you can get your hands on.” Thus, not making the right choices leads to bad habits.
                As someone who now eats healthier, I realize the difference in myself that resulted from changing the way I eat. I am in a happy and energetic mood almost all of the time. I take the time to eat healthy, because I now that it will only help me in the long run. I am aware that there are direct and probable health issues that result from a bad diet. If I start at a young age to prevent myself from falling in the unfortunate circumstances of bad habits of bad eating, I am one step closer to achieving my goals of good habits that improve my physical, emotional, and future financial health, that ultimately will allow me to live a overall healthy and happy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment