Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cats and Dogs

They say that dogs are a man’s best friend. I for one am not necessarily familiar with this phrase. The only pets I have are the fish my families aquarium. I have observed having multiple pets from my friends who are pet owners. Many of them either have cats or dogs. I do not have a preference but I have noticed that dogs and cats are similar and different in many ways. Aside form the apparent differences of cats and dogs being totally different animals size wise, and the difference in what they eat and do there are many other ways they differ. I have seen that dogs are more people friendly pets and like to have attention and be around people. Cats on the other hand seem to be less people friendly and seem to be more independent and dominant animals. They wander and roam as they please and return when they want to their owners. Cats seem to be freer to do as they please. Dogs seem to be attention grabbers and want to be around people. They are more playful and energetic then cats. They seem to be more concerned with them were as dog need to walked and played with and taken more care of. There differences make them interesting pets to own. Depending on the person, you might prefer a certain pet over another. If you are the type of person who is often busy and does not have time to take care of a animal, you might want to get a cat instead of a dog. It would be a pet that does not involve as much care and attention as having a dog that you would have to take time and effort to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment