Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sleep Importance

 Lack of sleep truly affects how you function throughout the day. There is so much that goes on within 24 hours that sometimes we forget how important Is for us to get a balanced amount of sleep each night. I am currently proof that lack of sleep affects your day. As a senior in high school I am currently very busy doing scholarships, college applications and regular school work. On top of that I am in a number of organizations and clubs like Girl scouts, NAACP, and church events that keep me very busy throughout the week. Keeping a social life in the midst of all of my activities does not give me too much time to find sleep a priority. I have read and even done research on it and found that when I don’t sleep I do not function as well I can when I have had more time to sleep. In finding that I do not get enough sleep that often, I have also found that too much sleep is not good either. If we get too much sleep it makes us sleepier and somewhat sluggish throughout the day. I have to find the right time to go to sleep and how many hours of sleep allow functioning properly throughout the day and getting what I need done on time without stressing out. Sleep is important and without enough or with too much of it throws off everything that I have to do during the week. Thus, I must take time to do the things I can within twenty four hours and structure my time better so that I can get more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment