Friday, December 3, 2010

Vegtables

Growing up I truly despised vegetables. I did not like the way they tasted or looked. I loved fried foods and more so many other dishes that unhealthy for me. Most vegetables I had never even tried but assumed they were nasty based on what I had heard and seen from my friends or family members. I eventually tried them for myself and grew to like almost all vegetables. Before I was afraid to try them and now I feel like I cannot have a meal without them. I like all vegetables from carrots to water chestnuts, asparagus, zucchini, coli flower and more. I think that I had a bad experience with certain dishes possibly because they were not prepared in the right ways and it made me have a bias opinion toward them all. As I got older I found restaurants what made good vegetables. I even learned how to make them for myself. I often make vegetables with every meal.  One of my favorite to make is baked carrots. I wash them, cut them up, sprinkle them with salt and pepper and olive oil and let them bake. They come out of the oven with a soft and crunchy texture and always leave my mouth melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment