Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Moving

The thought of going off to college next year worries me at times. I have applied for colleges outside of California and when I honestly think about moving out of the state, I worry if I will be prepared and will be able to handle the change of moving m life to a whole new state. The unfamiliarity of moving is what scares me the most. I have lived in California all of my life and most of my family lives here as well. So, the thought of leaving to an environment that I have become so used to a place where I would have to adapt to a new environment all on my own. If I did have to leave the state for college I would make sure I was well prepared first. I would make sure I had all my paper work and information sent to the college already. I would ensure that I had a safe place to live, and a way to get around while there for four years. Before leaving, I would make sure I had clothes, supplies, furniture, and anything else I would need on campus. Or I would just go shopping once I got to the state I was moving to. I would make sure I said my goodbyes to my family here in California and try and spend as much time with them as I could. Moving away to a whole new state would be hard but not impossible. I would get homesick at times but I would make sure I had a strong communication system to contact my family and friends in California when I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment