Thursday, December 2, 2010

Games

As a child I remember always enjoying games I knew I could win. Things that came as a challenge were not as appealing to me then. Now that I am older I have come to love being challenged. I enjoy interactive games that challenge me to think critically. I love the intense feeling of having to compete to get across the game board or finish before a timer runs out.  I am a very creative person and I enjoy thinking outside of the box. Some of my favorite games allow me to challenge myself to solve problems or phrases. A game I like playing the most is called Scattegories. It is a word game that challenges you to be creative and think of whatever comes right off the top of your head. You play the game with a total of three other people and work within only three minutes to complete a twelve category list of answers. The loudly ticking timer makes the players anxious.  Whenever I play I am always on the edge of my seat trying my best to finish my list. Once the timer suddenly stops everyone usually jumps up. One of my favorite parts of the game is when we go over everyone’s answers.  Answers range from some of the brightest to some of the most bizarre. When I play this game I feel like I can grow intellectually and am amused. There are many games to choose from that challenge me intellectually but playing Scategories is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment