Thursday, December 9, 2010

A place in my house

I have lived in my current house in Inglewood California for twelve years. I live in a one story house located on a hill overlooking Briarwood and Carlton Square, two gated communities. When I first moved to my house at age five I was scared at times because it seemed so big but as time has progressed, my house has seemed to shrink in some sorts. My room in particular seems to get smaller and smaller as I get older. Possibly because I have accumulated more things and take up more space it has seemed to get smaller. I have many special memories in many of the rooms in my house. One I particular is our Living room. We entertain our guest in the living room and hosts many holidays, birthday, graduation and special celebrations in it. The most recent event we hosted in my families living was our annual Thanksgiving dinner. After going to church and passing out meals to the people in the community I went home to help prepare thanksgiving dinner for my family and I. Having dinner in our living room creates a warm and comfortable feeling because the beige walls and cranberry colored sheer curtains and candles are the perfect accent colors. I love going in my living room. When the meal was all prepared the room smelled of all of the southern food dishes that I could imagine from greens, to yams and cornbread to my favorite macaroni and cheese. My family and I ate around the fire my dad lit at the glass and marble fireplace. The glow of the crystals on the outer rim of the fireplace shinned beautifully and nativity set standing right in front of the crystals made me feel the holiday spirit. My family played games and ate for the rest of the night. I look forward to the next holiday celebration in my families living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment