Thursday, December 2, 2010

Friends

I am so blessed to have so many friends. Making friends can seem like one of the hardest things to do especially when you are introduced to a whole new atmosphere. When we feel foreign to something or someone it makes it harder for us to adapt. Children and even adults suffer with ways to make friends. Children tend timid and awkward when it comes to meeting new people and making friends.  Even adults find it hard to make friends, possibly because they get preconceived notions of particular people or they assume what others will think of them. I can remember my first day of 3rd grade. I was going to a new school in a new neighborhood and was very nervous about making new friends. I wondered about whom I could find something in common with; who I could find that was loyal, supportive and friendly. Eventually I made friends by stepping out of my shell. The group assignments and interactive class games helped in getting to know who people were and understanding how I related to certain people. I made friends by simply being myself and not being afraid to communicate. Now that I am a little bit older it is has not changed much as to how I make friends. I just pick them more wisely now. I analyze carefully of who I allow myself to get close to. There is a saying that goes keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I have learned that sometimes you “friends” are your enemies. I have made friends by getting to know the people around me, asking questions when necessary and looking for the signs that allow me to see just who a person is. People will tell you just who they are; all you have to do it pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment