Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Teacher Infulence

In my twelve years of education thus far I have had the fortunate opportunity to have some very influential teachers. Of them, my fifth grade teacher was the most influential. She not only taught me the academics but she allowed me to see the and understand the world around me at a young age. She taught me to care for myself and others and even animals. In our class we did a lot of projects that had us go out in our community to understand what was going and how we fit and could better it. We did group projects where worked as classmates and friends to solve issues and grow a collective viewpoint on topics we discussed in class. Throughout my fifth grade year, my teacher had many pets and taught to not be afraid of them but to love at them and care for and respect them. We had fish, turtles, hamsters, and dogs just to name a few. We learned to be responsible and respectful having to take turns in caring for the animals throughout the year. We even took fieldtrips to places outside of Westchester where the school was located and worked in cleaning the environment. We did fundraisers to help our environment as well and in that we learned how to market things and manage and spend our money wisely. I do not think I had the ordinary fourth grade experience. I was so fortunate to go to a free multicultural school with an influential teacher that taught us how to be a positive influence in the world. My teacher taught me how to analyze and understand the world around me and grow a greater a appreciation for who I am and I make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment