Thursday, December 9, 2010

Raw and Well Cooked Foods

People have many different preferences when it comes to food. Some people like there foods raw, some well done, and some even like there food to be over cooked. There are health benefits and hazards of having you food prepared raw and or cooked. Some foods like fish are healthy for our system. When they are raw, we get the essential nutrients directly from the animals we eat before they are cooked out. While providing some pure nutrients, raw foods can be harmful to our body. If certain foods like chicken and beef are not fully cooked, then our bodies can not take it and we become sick. Eating foods that are well done sometimes kill’s nutrients that we would get if we did not burn them away when cooking them. I prefer my food to be well cooked. I do not like eating things that are not fully cooked, I am aware that some nutrients are killed when my food is well prepared but I still know that some nutrients will still be there when the food is done. I would rather be safe than sorry in eating foods that are not fully prepared. I do not like to risk getting sick just to save a few nutrients. I do understand the importance of a good diet with as many nutrients as possible but I know there are other ways to get nutrients that are killed in the process of preparing my food. I can get necessary nutrients form other foods or take vitamins to get the ones I do not get when eating fully cooked food.

No comments:

Post a Comment