Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tests

People are always quick to say” I am not a good test taker”. Yes, I have and still do struggle with tests from time to time but I have come to learn that it is all up to me whether I succeed or not. In the past it was not that I was not a “good” test taker, it was just that I did not know how to take tests.  Last year in Physics class I learned that this statement is not true. My teacher had given us numerous tests and some of us had done poorly, we used the common excuse of not being good at taking tests.  As the year went on, our teacher gave us test taking strategies and different work dealing with how to take tests effectively. Our class improved and our tests grades began to all are very high. One day after instructing the class he said that it was not the fact that we could not take the tests it was that we did not have the proper strategies to taking them.  As a senior in high school I am very busy with completing all of the requirements for the different universities I am applying to. The complete application requires that I take certain tests to qualify for admissions. I n order to get the highest score I use the test taking strategies I learning in my previous class and study the material to that will help me understand all the different subjects. If I apply time and effort in studying how to take these tests, I can reach my goal of getting the bests possible scores on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment