Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cash Prize

A particular time when I won something was about a few years ago. I was volunteering for an annual breast cancer luncheon. An older woman from my church always sellls tickets every year to the luncheon. She is a breast cancer survivor, and has become a main person in head of the breast cancer awarness organization. At this particular luncheon I was helping out as a hostess. My job was to, passout flyers, and direct people to theur seats as well as help in the raffles. I did my job throughout the luncheon. It was easy and fun at the same time. Toward the end of the luncheon I was called up to help out with the raffle for free money and prizes. I went up as I was asked to draw names with numbers for the raffle. I pulled out a few after mixing them up and handed them to the announcer. A few people won nice baskets, and gift cards of all sorts. We were soon done with the first raffle so we began with the next one, the cash prizes. The prizes ranged from $ 50 to $75 to $100 dollars each name. I first pulled to see who would win the $ 50 dollar cash prize. The winner was an older lady in the back of the banquet room. Next was the $75 cash prize call, I pulled a name, and to my surprise the nam Ashley Loville was called by announcer, reading of my number. I smiled, laughed and said"That's me". My friends and family attending the banquet, raved and cheered for me as I went up to accept my prize. It was a true shock to me, as i hadnt expected to win anything.  The $75 cash money prize was beautifully wrapped around a summer hat. It was like recieving two gifts in one. I was truely happy that day to finally win a raffle. I have not won anything since then , but have faith that it is possible to win cash prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment