Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Song Bird

One thing I am really good at is singing. I can saing or "sang" as some might call it. I sing or hum all the time at home, school, walking around , or in the car, when I wake up , throughout the day and before I go to sleep. It has been a passion of mines for as long as I can remember. I grew up singing in the church choir and have continued through my teenage years. I have always sang solos in the choir and love to do them when the opportunity presents itself. I've had my rough moment although , where I didnt want to share my talent. I sometimes became intimidated by older or more experienced singers.There have also been plenty of times where I did have self confidence in my self to perform, and thus did very well. One particular time was my recent solo performance in the church choir. I sang Encourage Yourself by Donald Lawrence. I had sung it before and at that time alot of people cried and rejoiced with joy and afterward told me that I had a true annointing and gift to sing. Before this time and the time before my most recent one, I prayed. After this most recent performance, I once again had poeple coming to after the church service thanking me for singing the song with tears flowing down their faces, and how they were truly encouraged throught the song and felt on the inside the words I sang while performing. This hit me deep, and since then I have been working on getting studio time and working with different artist and bands. I have gone to auditions for music videos and had some sucess with different things I goten into. I will soon be getting a manager and then an agent. I have high hoed and dream for my singing and hope that I have the opportunity to do it as a career. Although I do love to sing I know that my education id a first priprity and I will finish college, with either a degree in music or some other field. Even if professional singing or music writing doesnt become a career of mine I will always be happy singing as an individual and in the church choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment