Saturday, September 11, 2010

When I was brave

I consider myself a brave person mind, body, and soul.
A particular time when I was brave,
I remember it well,
As if it was yesterday.


I was on a plane, on my way to Brazil.
The plane tossed and turned like turbulent winds.
I braced my seat, and began to pray.
"Dear God please, don’t let this plane go down today".


Just then, the gas mask fell
I grabbed it quickly but stopped at an instant.
A small child next to me looked frightened and confused
With her mom at the opposite end of the plane, she was lost at what to do.


The stewardess had warned to put our mask on
And to help others once we were done.
Without any more thought of the risk
I put on her mask, and then mine as well.


That day I put someone else’s life before my own
You may call it stupidity but I would rather say brave.
To love and understand the value of others on any given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment