Wednesday, September 8, 2010

If I Had A Hundred Dollars

If I Had Hundred Dollars
I wouldnt know what to do with it at first.
Id want to tell the world and keep it all a secret at the same time.
My first mental reaction would be be to spend it unwisely
On material possesions of this world
But my inner being and conscience wouldnt allow me to senselessly throw money on this earth.

If I Had A Hundred Dollars
And found I couldnt keep it
I would try and spend it wisely.
I would give to the girls I met in Brazil this past summer.
They were apart of the Bahia Street Program for girls.
A foundation with promise of education, clean clothes, food, and safety to keep them from quirrels
I would give it to them because they deserve it the most
They generous with little to offer
They ask for little but need so much
I would be able to buy the things they needed and wanted
Simply because our money is worth more in countries as such.

If I Had A Hundred Dollars
It would go far another country
Id be able to supply goods to the less fortunate
If I Had A Hundred Dollars
I wouldnt be selfish
I'd give to all and as many as I could help with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment